Menshikov Palace is the first monumental stone building in St. Petersburg. It was designed by architects Giovanni Mario Fontana and Gottfried Johann Schadel and constructed in two periods: from 1710 to 1712 and from 1714 to 1727. This palace was Peter the Great’s present to his friend and adviser A.D.Menshikov and it competes in magnificence with the most compelling palaces of Russian emperors. The palace stores a superb collection of exhibits belonging to the first third of the 18th century.
The interior and the premises: the entrance hall, front staircase, hazel study, reception room, dining room. The most attractive rooms are those decorated with white and blue Dutch tiles.
Houseware, pieces of art of the late 17th – first third of the 18th centuries, some personal belongings of Peter the Great, the court and the owner of the Palace.
Daily 10:30 - 16:30. Closed: Mondays.