The Kolomenskoye Estate is an open-air museum of history. Kolomenskoye is located in the southern part of Moscow, across the Moskva river from downtown. It is the former summer residence of the grand princes of Moscow, and later - of the tsars. Now it is a magnificent example of the compelling architectural style. The church in the Kolomenskoye Estate was erected in 1532 by Vasili III to commemorate the birth of his son, Ivan IV (known as Ivan the Terrible). It was built in the so called “hip-roof” style, which is not typical of the Orthodox Church constructions.
Wooden architectural monuments: the Gate-Tower of the Nikolo-Karelsky monastery, Brethern Jail Tower, Peter the Great’s cottage.
Architectural monuments of the 16th century: the Church of Ascension, the Bell Tower of St.George, the Church of the Beheading of St.John, the Forerunner (the Baptist) of Diakovo.
Aleksey Mikhailiovitch’s Palace, the Spassky (Saviour’s) Gate, the Church of the Icon of Our Lady of Kazan, the Front Gate, the Chambers of Orders, the Vodovzvodnaya (water) Tower.
Park with century old oak trees.
Daily 10:00 - 17:00. Closed: Mondays.