The Old Moscow Circus on Tsvetnoy Boulevard is one of the oldest circuses in Russia. The former rider and gymnast Albert Salamonski erected the permanent brick building for the circus on Tsvetnoy Boulevard in Moscow in 1880. During the World War II (1941-1945) the circus remained untouched. The best clowns of the Russian circus, including Yury Nikulin and Oleg Popov, gave performances there. A new building was erected on the old site. Today the Old Moscow Circus can accommodate more than 2 000 spectators. The Yuri Nikulin Circus or the Old Circus, named after Russia's most famous clown and its former director, features clown acts, tomfoolery, acrobatic, gymnastic acts, and animal shows.
Daily 19:00. Closed: Tuesdays.